Sunday, December 09, 2007

Bangin' Saturday...

December 8, 2007

Happy Birthday Mama Mary! I'm still a Maristian at heart after all. ;)

Arrived at the office super early (6:30am). Well, I WAS supposed to go on leave but since I did drive in the wee hours of the morning to drop off my Gorgeous Sister to hospital duty, might as well pass by the office before going to Sister Pie's house blessing. Nothing much to do in the short period of time, so no sooner did I arrive, I was leaving the office again.

Sister Pie's house blessing was a success. Lots of friends came, the weather cooperated, the house "behaved", and the food was great. Played a little Burnout on Barry's PSP while half asleep from all the food I ate. Then we went on our separate ways a little later in the afternoon after a little rest, the guests have gone and all of the catering stuff have packed.

Passed by Fortress again, this time arriving to see the boyz playing Bang!, a card game portraying sheriffs and outlaws... in Italian! Spaghetti western? Lolz. Played a couple of games with the boyz. Drew the sheriff on my very first game and the Deputy the next. The game dynamics was simple enough, and eventhough some card rules they say may be sound broken, we had a great laugh nonetheless.

VMall closes 10pm on Saturdays during the Christmas season, so I was able to play a couple of Warmachine/Hordes games against some of the Fortress regulars using Steamroller 3 rules and scenarios. I decided to use Amon Ad-Raza as warcaster with a warjack heavy list. For fun. ;)

Game1 - Romy(High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza) vs. Fred(Iron Lich Asphyxious)
500pts Invasion
Iron Lich Asphyxious wins by Objective

Game2 - Romy(High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza) vs. Kim(Vlademir Tzepesci)
500pts Divide and Conquer
Vlad wins via Assassination
Apparently, I lost both games. But overall it was good practice as well as a good opportunity to think on my feet against people I haven't played against in a long while. And despite the losses, it was still fun. Wish I was able to take down that Behemoth though to add to my list of WM/H accomplishments. Hehehe...

Gaming ends 9:40PM.

6 Comments:

Blogger x said...

omg, i completely forgot about mother mary's birthday! :(

December 09, 2007 11:34 PM  
Blogger Pinoy Wargamer said...

That's the first time I brought out the Behemoth in a couple of months. And it'll probably be the last time I'll play using it this year.

The terrain was hard to work with since I didn't want to be charged by four Menite warjacks, LOL.

December 10, 2007 12:59 PM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

It was a crying shame I missed out on that opportunity. Lolz.

Signs and Portents, along with Mortars, a Behemoth, and Doom Reavers is a solid combo that's hard to neutralize. Plus, I have to re-study that Synergy wording next time I play Amon again.

Till next game man.

December 10, 2007 4:24 PM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

@acey: dont be hard on yourself girl. im sure she understands and sort of "reminded" you nonetheless. ;)

December 10, 2007 6:52 PM  
Blogger x said...

oo nga. i used to mysteriously get red roses on her feast day (or birthday?). this year, i didn't. :( i dunno... kinda believe in those things...

December 14, 2007 2:05 PM  
Blogger Pinoy Wargamer said...

Another thing about Amon's Synergy:

Let's say you cast Synergy and you have 2 Dervishes (1 FOC each) and a Crusader (3 FOC).

Dervish 1 makes an attack and hits. His next attack, and any other attacks it makes or buys with FOC, then gets +1 attack and +1 damage.

Dervish 2 then activates and makes an attack, also benefitting the +1/+1 Synergy from Dervish 1. Dervish 2 hits his target, thus he will get +2 attack and +2 damage on all his remaining attacks, and any other attacks he might buy with FOC.

Crusader then activates, he gets +2 attack and +2 damage with his first attack. If he hits, his following attacks are now at +3/+3.

This goes on for any other warjack in the army that contributes attacks while under Synergy.

December 18, 2007 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home