Sunday, November 11, 2007

Gaming For Painting...

November 10, 2007...

Wanting to escape...

Left the office relatively early. Actually, I wanted to leave a LOT earlier than my actual time of departure from the office, wanting to just get away from it all and start enjoying the rest of my weekend a little early.

Joined up with Emcee and Joel over at Ryan's house to play some 40k and WM games. Brought a couple of figs, still sorry for the state they're in. Some of my Menite figs are off their pins, or with paint chipping in some places. The concept I started out for basing my figs takes a lot of time, which makes the going a little slow. I arrived to see Emcee and Joel in the middle of a 40k game (2000pts on a 4x4 table) and I was outright impressed on the use of the new Chaos Space Marine rules. Impressed enough to make me restudy my old config and hopefully make full use of my current collection of miniatures.


I agreed to play a 750pt Warmachine game against Ryan's Epic Stryker using my High Exemplar Kreoss. First time for me to play 750pts and against an epic warcaster at that. I lost that game, still had fun in the process, and did a bit of analysis of the outcome.

Time for some boring gaming details...


I think I did well in surviving Epic Stryker's feat by weathering out his battlegroup's extra attacks as well as keeping his storm lances stuck on the far flank. I tried to counter it by popping Kreoss's own feat to deal some considerable hurt back at the opposition. But I guess it wasn't enough and the casualties both sides inflicted created some avenues for some precise charge attacks. It was the centurion slam/Kreoss knockdown + the Stryker overcharge(?) that caught me flat footed. Simple error in judgement of charge distances and in placement of my remaining forces on the table. It's nothing a little more practice and gaming time can't fix. Good game against Ryan. Didn't disappoint.

Trying to paint again...

Got my gaming fix for the week, enough to inspire me to start painting again in earnest. Mental note to give some regular updates on this. When I got home, almost immediately I made a quick inventory of my Menite figs for assembly and painting.


45 troops and 2 warjacks...

Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home