Thursday, October 25, 2007

Numb...

Very much sums up my day.

5 meetings in 9 hours...

First one was a new project, technically the third of four projects I'm doing simultaneously. Though not yet on full steam, I'm the only one working full time on this, well, at least during what little spare time I have. +P

Second one is still for this same client, a "pakisuyo" you might say to help them out of a tight spot. Potentially two more projects to add up to my earlier meeting? *Searching for white flag*... Wouldn't hurt to be prepared. ;)

Third was shortly after lunch here on site. This is for the first of the two towers I'm currently working on. Not wishing to bore the readers on technical stuff, suffice it to say that some things between my group and our contractor's operations people needs some settling immediately before things get out of hand. Been involved with operations a little more now than before. Maybe a little more than what is expected of me. But with limited resources (i.e. engineers), I have to help take up the slack brought about by the outflux (for lack of a better term) of engineers going abroad. It's tough getting new people nowadays. All this promise of better opportunities for engineers abroad is taking its toll on current projects here locally, as well as on the engineers left behind. This meeting involved a couple of heated exchanges of words and cooler heads were required to prevail and cut the tension decisively and with a touch of diplomacy. So I'm a peacekeeper now. +P

Fourth was immediately right after the third was adjourned. Had to huff it a bit considering I was a little late. This one's for the second of the two towers I'm currently working on. Sadly, the meeting venue's a couple of blocks out, and it's one of those times you'd wonder why can't such things be more convenient for me?

Fifth one was an hour right after my fourth. Same venue. The gap between meetings was too short to go to the site to finish some paperwork and come back later. So I took the opportunity to get whatever rest I can get while waiting for the appointed hour. Time of the meeting eventually arrived and found it not exactly worth the wait. Why did they need me to attend this thing in the first place anyways?

The walk back to the jobsite was a long one. My brain cells need some rest. Still got the paperwork that's sure to have piled up on my desk since I haven't actually seen my desk this past 9 hours. Oh joy.

Checked my calendar during my walk back. Four meetings tomorrow...

Lamentation.

2 Comments:

Blogger dramaiqueen said...

it seems you're a very busy person.


ingatan ang brain cells. wehehehe.

October 26, 2007 7:50 PM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

thanks for the heads up redpl8. aware naman ako na limited supply din ng brain cells ko. ;)

October 27, 2007 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home