Monday, February 09, 2009

The Elbow Room Hat Trick...

First Night: February 5, 2009...
Attendance: Me, KC and Marvin
Band Peforming: Woodnote

Went to Elbow Room to reserve the place for the next couple of nights... But when I saw a familiar face, I inadvertently started my glory run. :P

I know KC a couple of months back, though only by the familiar nod when we come across each other. Nothing more. But a chance for a pick-up game of billiards was a good starting point to catch up on stuff we don't talk about in our line of work for ethical reasons. And it turns out he's not bad. He's cool. We hope to hook up again sometime.

Second Night: February 6, 2009...
Attendance: Me and Queenie... Where'd da heck did everyone else go?
Band Performing: Ashley and The Gallery... Woohoo!

Rain screwed this night up real bad. But it was nothing compared to the collective hurt the officemates I invited did to me that night. It was the first night where I plan to make a statement that just fell flat face first into a puddle of mud. To hell with those who canceled last minute or chose to go diva mode that evening. One "VIP" in particular broke my heart with that last joking statement that could possibly seal things for an irreparable good. Only saving grace was Queenie, of all people. Among them, she at least stood up and braved the rain and proved a pleasant surprise with her depth and humor. You're a King in my book Queen. ;)

Third Night: February 7, 2009...
Attendance: Midnight, Kuneho, BattleCaptain, and Henri representing the HGR boyz. JakeMonster, Fluffy, CrispyBeefRibs and Garrboi representing the Fortress Peeps. Jeff and Jumping Johnny representing Da Shak. And Me, representing myself. :D
Band Performing: Seal of Benjamin

At least these guys did not disappoint. Most of these guys got game, and I pretty much gave them some friendly competition but what's more important something that has eluded me these past couple of days: I had fun. I enjoyed my game. I even had that familiar confident swagger back, whether I was winning or losing that game, and it comforted me. It was a good sign.

The band is ok, just went a little over the top on a few occasions but I was beyond caring.

My newly acquired toy (picture to follow) now makes me look and feel like I have a point to prove now, that I should not be messed with. Not anymore.

VIP Room No. 4 Rocks!

We had a ton of fun. Unanimously, the guys plan to go at it one more time another time, as well as those who sadly did not make it that night. Hopefully soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home