Saturday, August 30, 2008

All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go...

August 29, 2008

Today was a good day to give myself a pat on the back. Been out on official business and things went relatively well considering the stress involved leading to that day.

On the way back to the office I received a message from a friend saying she's sad. Super sad. Called her up. She was depressed. Thought I was going for the hat trick if I went over after office and help cheer her up while letting the traffic pass. She said we'll see when I get there.

Got to the nearby mall in good time despite the Friday payday rush hour. Called her up. No answer. Ate dinner. Called her up. No answer. Walked a couple of minutes. Called her up. She answered. Unusually cheery. Wasn't she super sad a couple of minutes ago? Oh well. Asked her if she's coming over. She says we'll see. I said I can wait.

I didn't wait long.

I know her for being moody. She told me that herself. But this is taking it to the extreme a bit. Extreme enough to the point that it's reached my "What Da Heck?!" category of extremes. Call it pride, but I'm too old to wait for God knows how long on a "We'll see". I want to live the rest of my life on something more definite than that.

Took me less than ten minutes to figure that out. Got to my car, drove off. Did I mention it was still payday rush hour traffic? I was too pissed off to notice. Only thing I did notice was reading a message on my phone 30(!) freaking minutes later:

"Sir, san kna?"

Two things. 1) I don't mind being called "Sir", except if I told you NOT to call me "Sir". and 2) "Sir" is supposed to be used as a sign of respect. Not to rub in the irony that you were impolite to me just a couple of minutes back.

Didn't feel like going straight home yet. I wandered a bit. Went Emo/Loser Mode on the hills of Antipolo for a couple of hours. No cellphone signals, no text messages, no calls. I got a meeting at 8AM on a freaking Saturday. Time to go down, get home, shower, and drive back to work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home