Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hobby And Gaming Thoughts On Hump Day...

March 5, 2008...

Went to Fortress to meet up with Arvin to get some of the paint I very much needed for my Warhammer 40k miniatures. Some of my stocks of the paints I regularly use are in need of replacement. With the momentum in painting going, I should seriously address this or plan what else to paint given the limited stocks. Lost my focus temporarily (it wasn't Disruption or a shot from Eiryss) by getting another Paladin of the Order of the Wall blister to add to my Protectorate of Menoth collection, with Doc Killingsworth reserved for a later visit. As if I don't have a considerable backlog in Warmachine figs lately. ;)

Doc Lance also passed by a little before closing time to stock up on some Circle of Orboros figs. He's one of the regular WM/H players, and a good one at that. We got to talk about Warmachine/Hordes (I'm not so surprised he seems to know more about Menoth than I do) and his take on the current gaming scene. We've also talked about 40k gaming, to which surprisingly he's still pretty much in touch with the rules and will be considering playing a few more games in Galleria with the Regulars to see if he can be competitive for the GT in August. Doc Lance and Arvin have also given me good reason to rethink my Dark Eldar tactics next time I decide to field it.

After Fortress closing, Arvin and I went to da Shak to check what the boyz have been up to. Pol was there busy at work on an Ayana and Holt project for Jake, Jason da Mad Scientist was there (who wasn't working on a gun project but was noteably wearing slacks!), Jumping Johnny was working on what Arvin fondly called a "gi-normous" B-52, and Jubaybomber working on some personal plastic modeling and painting projects. I decided to join in the fun by putting in some paint on a few Chaos Space Marine figs I brought along for retouching. It's been while since I've had a chance to paint here at da Shak, sharing a couple of litres of Coke and a few laughs along the way.

Time flies. Went home an hour later since it was getting a little late. Hope to do this again soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger x said...

hi, kuya romy!!!

i wish naintindihan ko ang post na to! hahahaha...

March 11, 2008 10:59 PM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

hi acey!

i wish i can understand my post too! hehehe...

March 12, 2008 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home