Thursday, November 30, 2006

Another Day Inside (And Outside) The Office...

"What do you do for a living?" has always been a common topic between my miniature wargaming friends that really hasn't gone the distance in terms of conversation.

Things that don't make my job boring...

1. Nasty uncooperative contractors - In my job, there's always one.
2. Moving of deadlines to other dates that get moved again at the very last minute
3. Scheduling people to meet - Now I know how secretaries feel. It's frustrating at times.
4. Trying to make my meetings interesting - Meeting with the Project Team I can compare to children at times. Limited attention span.
5. How to answer flammatory letters from contractors with a cool head - Many times I have to put down one such letter, step out of the office, take a deep breath, come back and start all over again. Well... something like that.
6. Safety - I'm a stickler(?) when it comes to this. Just a couple of days ago, one of the workers had an accident, details of which I would rather not elaborate. He's lucky to be still alive today, although badly injured. Hope we can prevent that in the future.
7. All this posturing shit - Even in the field of construction, there's politics in one form or another. You just have to know you're way around to survive it all. Sigh.

Things I had to do yesterday...

I went on leave! But it wasn't exactly rest... +P

1. Things at home caught up with me. Accompanied my Dad to his regular check-up. Partly the reason why I took the day off so that I can drive for him. He sounded hesitant at first but I insisted I take him. Looks like he'll be fine.
2. Gorgeous Sister's at home taking some much needed rest from all the school work. Looks like she'll be extending that rest to let the storm Reming pass. Hopefully that will recharge her enough to get back on track once her nursing duties resume.
3. Got a call from a job placement office, wanting to update my profile. It's usually around this time of year that they do that. Was able to squeeze that in during my leave of absence. Almost got into an interview right away. Wow, that was fast. We'll see what will turn up in the coming weeks.

Things I gotta do today...

1. Last day of the month - Reporting time. I think we can afford one more day... ;)
2. Some plans laid out and needs to be done before the year ends.
3. Meeting with the Project Team - After that, most likely everybody's in Christmas Season mode in the succeeding weeks.
4. I need to stretch - Played badminton two nights back and I've been sore all over. Feels like a pulled muscle near my ribs where I stretched a little too far from my usual reach. It's a major effort to stand up from a chair or from the car seat. It's a bit distracting from what I have to do today.
5. Safety yet again - The jobsite has to be prepped to take on the storm. I fondly termed this as "tucking the jobsite in", when we have to prepare jobsites for storms or long idle days due to extended vacations.
6. Moving my office - We're relocating! Just a couple of meters to bigger space. Christmas decor again. +P

Then hopefully a chance to watch the sun and moon trade places to end it all. :)

Such is my life on a day to day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home