Saturday, November 11, 2006

On A Tear...

Date : Thursday Night, November 9, 2006...
Venue : Elbow Room, Metrowalk
The Players : Salubri, Ermitanyo (aka Balian), BataIsip21 (aka Kyuzo)

Highlights :

Due to recent personal events, it was mutually agreed by BataIsip21 and Ermitanyo to push through in hooking up and divert our misery in less stressing surroundings. Salubri came along for the ride to keep us honest in our little diversion. Vacant billiard tables were hard to come by even on a Thursday night, having discovered a company tournament taking half the tables available. We were extremely fortunate in not having to wait long and have a table made available to us, which was incidentally my personal favorite spot in the whole establishment.

Perfect. Just the therapy I needed. No thoughts of work, or women to drag me down. Just a game of 9-ball with a couple of friends to channel all my frustrations. Ironically my break was somewhat better, given that extra ounce of aggression. I started tearing at the racks with that personal goal that I had no intention of shooting a miss. Got some good run-outs, but that elusive break and run-out has eluded me still. Even when I wasn't playing, I kept my mind on the game, watching my friends play, figuring out how I would've taken the shot, hopefully finding a way of making each other's games one notch better. Yeah, I needed this game. It was more effective than the beer, which just numbs the pain only temporarily.

The drive home felt a little lonely during the last couple of blocks. This song was playing as I was just rounding the corner to my parking spot. I personally like this version.

Seems to me my desire to escape have been frequent lately, with the crashing and burning scenario the likely outcome if I don't give in to this urge. Like an itch that has to be scratched or else be driven mad by it if ignored.

Date : Friday Night, November 10, 2006...
Venue : BEC, Magallanes...
The Players :
Table 10, 9, 7 - Mabi, Kat, Stephen, Alex, Arnel, Kevin, Armand, Carmina, Dindin, Jan, Mackay
Table 3 - Marie and Fidel
Table 10... again - Nony and wife, Alfred

Highlights :

As fate could not have staged it any more perfectly...

I accepted a friend's invitation to play over at BEC with a couple of more friends from my previous work at the very last minute. Something prompted me to tear myself from overtime and go play a couple of games with former officemates for a couple of hours. I'm sleeping over at the office anyways and I needed the drive to clear my head.

Started the night with an impromptu reunion with Jimboy, with one of my favorite spotters/setters in years past! Turns out he's ok. He chose to grow his hair long and tied up now. His wife Liway (another favorite spotter/setter from that same previous establishment) and his two kids are fine too. Yeah, me and my friends were witnesses to the budding romance between the two and them ending up together was a fairytale come true for them. I made a promise to be back soon for some serious play.

My former officemates took up three tables, two devoted for one-on-one 9-ball, while the other was for two-on-two 8-ball. Kinda confusing playing against anyone whose available. Not much in terms of conversations or small talk. Just playing one game on one table and move on to the next one. Speed billiards. +P

While in the middle of play, I was suddenly approached by Marie and Fidel, some close friends of mine for a good part of four years. What a surprise! I was happy to see them and just a couple of minutes later, I had to move over to their table to play a couple of games with them too.

Much later that evening, Nony and Alfred, a couple of friends back in my college days, also stepped in. Long time no see!!! Turns out they're also regulars here in BEC and before I went home, I had to pull my cues out of the bag yet again to play a couple of games as well. That's a total of 5 tables! A personal record. I was so busy I never had the chance to get a drink. +P

Went back to the office without incident. Just a couple of minutes to settle down a bit and work on a few letters before turning in for bed. I had a Serendipity fan video playing over and over while working. I happen to stumble upon it after a couple of searches, my version of seredipity right there. Guess I'd have to agree with the uploader that this song would fit nicely in the soundtrack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home