Monday, November 20, 2006

On Other Pursuits...

November 18, 2006...

Lost the inspiration to paint for some reason. Don't wanna force it. Lost some momentum in blogging too. So doing this would do me some good.

Focused more on work for the majority of the week. It's that time of the year where things get a little edgy. People you've worked with will have the volume of their voices a small notch on the higher side, usually brought about by pressure to meet year-end targets. Now's the time to think with the cooler head otherwise we'll all just end up growing older and crankier and still not get any work done.

Friday traffic was terrible last night so I decided to take a small detour to the local mall to let the vehicular madness pass. Been a long while since I went window shopping. Just took in the sights, plus the usual visit to the bookstores and musicstores, just to check on what's new without really looking. Later, I came upon what's probably the billiard cue I've always wanted and she's a monster. The balance, the feel of the grip and the slide across my bridge hand was close to perfect. She's gonna cost me a little extra, extra to the point that I need to place a deposit for it should I get it. It's a major financial decision on my part, but we'll see how it will play out.

Saturday I took some time out to see some friends play the WFB Gladiator Finals. Didn't join this year due to scheduling problems mostly, but I was able to visit and see some old friends playing the final rounds. Not all 40k players play WFB and vice versa so some of these guys I haven't seen in a while. Too bad I didn't have a camera to take some pics of some of the players' works. Some have done some major improvements in the modelling and painting aspect of the game. Hopefully that will give me the inspiration to continue with my own personal project. We'll see.

---
November 19, 2006...

Sunday was a bit surreal. Roads and malls were empty, since practically everybody was home watching the fight. Manny Pacquiao won over Eric Morales in the third and final installment of their series. Personally, the knockout on the third round was a bit anti-climactic knowing that a lot of people have waited 7 hours to watch the fight.

Got a call from Big Hamster today, while watching the Pacquiao/Morales reruns. It was nice of him to call, given the fact that he's way over there in Iloilo.

Thanks man. I needed that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Hamster said...

Anytime pare, anytime :D:D:D

November 21, 2006 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home