Saturday, September 09, 2006

Not A Good Start Against The Lions...

Played two matches last night. Lots of shots didn't go my way. Lots of unforced errors on my part. I couldn't get to string up the racks in succession. A case of nerves did me in. My scores against the top 2 players in my group are a far cry from what I believe I can make...

First Match Final Score: Lion1 - 5, Upstart Cub - 1
Second Match Final Score: Lion2 - 5, Upstart Cub - 2

Despite the embarrassing scores I wouldn't say it was a TOTAL loss. The experience gained after that match-up will prove invaluable in the later rounds. The five racks lost on both matches were not given up without a fight. And despite the losses, I still see a positive side to it. I think I gave them enough of a scare to bring their A-game early. I was the only one smiling after the match, with my opponents breathing sighs of relief. Lolz.

Time to get some practice hours in before my next match next week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home