Thursday, September 07, 2006

Odds and Ends...

Reflecting on some stuff at the office...

I kinda remember hearing that there's always a villain in any movie. Same goes in my line of work. I just had this meeting with this villain of a contractor who looks suspicious in dropping a bomb in front of top management to embarrass me and the rest of the project team. For the first time in quite a while, I never felt so irritated by this guy's nerve. I wasn't going to take this lying down. So earlier this week, I did well in defending myself on my recommendations and actions taken when it came to this particular contractor. End result, looks like he wont be working on the projects I'm working on for quite some time after this. I find it sad that it had to come to this point that like in the movies, protagonists must come face to face and one must be left standing.

The Original Four at Quattro Part 2...

An impromptu reunion by the Senator, the Congressman, the Professor and the Director over at Quattro in Timog was set after freaky downpour last night. Freaky downpour coming in regular intervals lately. What a way to start September. Updated each other on what's happened and Im a bit surprised on how much color we've added to our own lives.

On Tostitos and Salsa...

Decided to indulge a little after the past few months of trying to make ends meet. Bought a bag of Tostitos chips and salsa on the way home. Chatted with Kim late at night on small stuff, mostly about wargaming. Couldn't sleep so I'm thinking of how to pass the time.

My First Test Against the Lions...

In less than 24 hours, I will be playing my first round match against someone who's rumored to be last year's defending champion at billiards. Pre-tourney insomnia's starting to kick in.

Must get some sleep. Tomorrow's shaping up to be an interesting day...

2 Comments:

Blogger Salubri said...

haha... so the wheel has turned and conflict arrives at your doorstep. think nothing of it. there are times in life when the only way one thing gets resolved is for conflict to happen. we can not be non confrontational all the time. if so the issues will keep piling up and at the end of it you'd have to deal with a mountain all at one time.

then again... you already know all this. pinpapahaba ko lang yung post ko. lolz.

goodluck with the tourney dude. i know how much you love billards and this might be a good opportunity for you in other matters as well. ;)

September 08, 2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

nice of you to remind me dude. :D

thanks again dude. i intend to stretch the fun mileage out of this first game. besides, if everything they say is true, things will be smooth sailing after this one. :P

+++ xfjzb - will make up for this after tonight's match. im trying to conserve my brain cells for later. +P

September 08, 2006 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home