Sunday, January 22, 2006

Time At The UP-CFA And Da Shak...

January 21, 2006...

It was a boring Saturday. Felt the day was dragging so I thought it best that I took a break from it all. So later in the afternoon I went to check on some of my friends from the gaming club...

UP College of Fine Arts

If nobody's playing in Galleria, it was easy to check on where the others might surely hang out. One of these places is in one of the buildings in the UP College of Fine Arts. This is where some of the IPMS peeps hang out and as well as some who are into the modeling and painting of tabletop miniatures.

Will post pics in another post... having trouble uploading them. Weird...

Saw Obi and Emp on one side of the table playing 500pts of WFB, playtesting the rules I’m proposing for the 500pt demo games. With this much support from fellow players, I really gotta get going with this project.

Was able to see Kim and Paul playing the final turns of their Warmachine game with Kim playing Khador and Paul playing his "jack-heavy" Mercs. Seeing the amount of work these guys have placed in the conversion and painting of their figs made me feel very much behind schedule in finalizing assembly and painting of my Protectorate of Menoth.

Got into a game of Warmachine almost the minute I arrived. My knowledge of the rules is sketchy at best since I haven’t played the game for quite some time now and I was concentrating more in getting my figs painted first. To make matters worse, I was up against Fred’s Cryx, which had the looks of having had a lot of playing time. Luckily I won out on this one when my Repenter moved in for the win and finished off his knocked down warcaster in a wash of purifying flames. It was a good day for Menoth.

Da Shak

6 o'clock, and it was time to pack up and regroup at Da Shak...

While we waited for the others to arrive, I was able to work on the final touches with my starter battle group of Menoth figs. Was able to glue High Exemplar Kreoss, the Crusader, the Repenter, and the Revenger jacks to their respective bases. Got good reviews from my critics on what I’ve done so far but got raised eyebrows on my choice of material for the bases as well as lack of black-lining the joints.

Took the time out to grab a bite to eat at Molo’s with Kim and Garrick. Let's see, Kim had a Ceasar salad, Garrick had half a Molo’s chicken, I had lechon kawali and we shared on a platter of bagoong rice. Gave each other an update on each other, mostly affairs of the heart. Serious stuff not made for this forum... ;)

We arrived back at Da Shak to find the boys working on their airsoft toys as well as the usual goofing around. Ever saw Gelo and Emp try to outdo each other on who's gut can make a bigger side table? Saw a cool-looking sniper rifle complete with wrap-around camo on the barrel. In one corner, Jason the Mad Scientist was working on what looked like Jun’s M4. These guys were getting ready for some serious fun tomorrow. I took that as my cue to take my leave and call it a night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Obi Macapuno said...

waaargh! iniwan nyo ko nung pumunta kayo ng Molo's!! buti na lang may Spanish bread!!!

=D

January 25, 2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

bakit nga ba nawala ka bigla? niyaya naman namin lahat bago kami umalis... sige, sa susunod na kabanata...

January 25, 2006 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home