Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Day-Off...

Took the day off... the opportunity to avoid the traffic and catch up on some sleep with a storm out was too tempting to pass up.

Woke up late. Called in sick. Looked at what I can do at home.

Checked my mail. Asked the office to send me the draft letters I needed to finalize and send out. Hopefully they had them signed on my behalf.

Got to see my YM and found some of my friends' status messages funny. Here's a couple of them for posterity:

1. Conducting "scientific research"... no, really!
2. Oh crap, people really do actually read my status messages!
3. Lord, do not lead me into temptation, I can find the way myself.
4. Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.
5. I don't plan on giving the world to you... the super villain inside me says it's not right.

Checked my miniatures. Still not inspired to paint. My Warmachine needs to get out of the box. There's a possibility of maybe playing at Hobby Haven after office. We'll see.

I'm a slow reader. Just finished Doppleganger by Marie Brennan only today, after reading it for more than a week now. Not much, but it was enough for me get back to sleep. ;)

-------

10:15PM

Just had a FASM at this hour. FASM's (aka Father And Son Moments +P) usually don't pick convenient times though I cherish them nonetheless. Tonight's FASM started when Handsome Father notice a peculiar sound to Gwapo's car's engine note when we switched parking spaces in the garage. Sounds like the hose connecting the carburetor to the air filter's came loose again. I recognized the look the minute he stepped out of his car. Here we go...

Hose is cracked, and while searching for a replacement won't start until tomorrow, we had to cook up a remedy to the noise. You have to admire my Dad's tenacity at these things at this hour. So with a good deal of electric tape and some elbow grease, we practically reconstructed the hose... well, at least temporarily. All that time, I hear Dad's familiar lines, like "No, the OTHER way..." and "...an ENGINEER should know how to fix a hose...". In some instances, I'd know when I'm doing something right when he keeps quiet when I did something right for a change or I thought of a better solution compared to what he was figuring out. He'd still grudgingly admit defeat, but I love him nonetheless.

-------

Back to work tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Obi Macapuno said...

JDM (Jim's Dad Moment)

complete with hot pie.

:D

August 09, 2007 9:34 AM  
Blogger x said...

you know what, romy, you write well for an engineer! share lang.

August 17, 2007 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home