Sunday, July 22, 2007

Midnight Snack...

July 22, 2007...

Had a sudden craving for peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It just happened. Bought a small jar of Jif (chose creamy over chunky for now), Smuckers (strawberry preserves) and a small loaf of Gardenia at a nearby grocery and I was set. And here I sit, in front of my computer with sandwich in hand. :D

For the life of me, I just realized that I never really HAD a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. EVER. Why is that? For starters, having a midnight snack when we were kids is simply unheard of since you're most likely be violating curfew. And in those days, I was more of a condensed milk (Milk Maid anyone?) and pandesal kinda guy. Only later on did I learn to eat a peanut butter- or jelly sandwich separately, but together? Guess it's never too late to try one out. It's practically an American icon in itself, so what could possibly go wrong?

Didn't exactly take the rocket scientist's approach. Pretty straightforward really. Just took two pieces of bread, spread a thin layer of peanut butter on one slice, strawberry jelly on the other and bring the two together, and voila! My first peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Now with a tall glass of ice water nearby, it's time to taste test my masterpiece...

Hmmm... didn't take long for me to figure out some minor adjustments to my second sandwich. My peanut butter's spread a little thin so that's addressable. I think two pieces of bread is better than a double decker. Strawberry's good, blueberry and raspberry might do as well. And water's still the better choice over soda or juice to wash the peanut butter down. Milk still is tops but sadly, I ran out. (Mental note to self: re-stock)

Guess that's what's fun about failure on this test. I get a chance to adjust and try again. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Hamster said...

After the incident involving a pogo stick, an hyperactive anteater and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I'm more partial to bacon and ham with honey spread generously.

I call it "Bacon and Ham with Honey" sandwich.

Bwahahaha!

Er, sorry, too much cake after midnight, hehehe.

July 23, 2007 2:59 AM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

Pogo sticks and anteaters? BHH? Lolz.

July 23, 2007 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home