Sunday, July 01, 2007

Approaching My Mid-year Crisis...

July 1, 2007...

Only at home do I get to surf the net, with the office internet connection down for the past couple of weeks now. Only on these rare occassions at home do I get to update my blog and check my mail.

These past couple of days have been hectic. Work on site has been on the stressful side lately, with certain milestones in the accomplishment not met making the whole atmosphere a little tense. Plus, there's the usual instances where quality of work takes a u-turn and you have to re-orient all of those involved in getting them all back on track. It takes more common sense than rocket science to understand what we do on site, and yet you have to be vigilant that all of your engineers down to your installers are doing the job right.

Watched Transformers the Movie last Thursday with my Sister Pie and Barry. Transformers Rocks! Megan Fox rocks! Enuff said.

Answered a last minute invite to a game of pool over at Elbow Room last Friday night. Roel and Andy was there, along with a few people from another construction project they were working on. Didn't take long when I arrived it was already my turn to step up against Charlie, one of their better players. Rightly so, seeing the way he was stringing a couple of shots together. He was the "one miss you die" kind of opponents. I was lucky to beat him 4-1. Heck, I was lucky to beat everyone by a convincing score and only conceding one rack against everyone I faced later that night. Good game. :D

Some senseless trivia: Did you know that July 2 is the 183rd day of the year, making it the middle of any given year except leap year? Senseless diba? Not to me in the next couple of hours... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home