Thursday, December 07, 2006

Breaking In A New Cue Stick...

Just recently bought a cue stick dirt cheap. Thought of giving it the proper break-in...

December 5, 2006...

Paeng's Libis...


Played a few games with an officemate before going home and we tried to keep score. It ended with me ahead 8 games to his 3. For my initial assessment, the cue has that feel that was close enough to what I wanted. Just noticed that some of the shots were a bit off if I hit the cue too hard though, but that's most likely due to a combination of mechanics (which I really need to work on), table conditions as well as the use of a stock wooden tip. And besides, I suck at billiards. For close to 7 years I still couldn't make the 9-ball runout. +P

December 6, 2006...

Elbow Room Metrowalk...


Wanted to give the cue another break-in, this time at Elbow Room where hopefully some of the spotters that I inow there can replace the cue tip for me. I came in relatively early at 9:30am and did a quick game of 9-ball to see if I'm correct in my initial assessment regarding the stock wooden tip. I also did a 360-degree check of my surroundings and here's a few noteables:

Three girls by the bar. Two of them cute. One of them I later learned is named Angel... damn, why do they have to be named that? I wonder how would they react if I anonymously bought them a drink? Nah. +P

Four Koreans playing pool. They're everywhere. Hmmm... are there more Koreans and any of the other foreigners? Not much to go on there...

Another table the players were playing with what looked like expensive cues. Makes me wonder if I can play better with those kind of cues...

Lone guy practicing. If he stayed long enough I might even have the guts to approach him and challenge him to a friendly game...

Just noticed that as the band is preparing for their 2nd set, the lead singer is actually cute. They played the right songs. Just The Two Of Us, Cool With You, Falling, No Woman No Cry, Bizarre Love Triangle, True, Tattooed On My Mind, Ordinary Love. Remakes of Sitti, Frente, Jennifer Love Hewitt, DSound. Wow.

The cue was surprisingly consistent compared to the other cues I've used. For its value I'm starting to say its a good buy. Had the cue tip replaced though by the bar's spotters. The wooden tip needed replacement anyways. Resumed testing the cue again to see if the cue tip was installed properly.

Hmmm... Angel seems to be more interested watching me play than talking to her girl friends. Only when her friends went to the powder room was I able to ask her if she's interested in a game of pool. She respectfully declined and was content to watch since she was with friends and was expecting more of them to arrive. Nice. Bought her a drink anyways for being nice. I can wake up now. ;)

Looks like breaking in the new cue stick is on the right track. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home