Monday, October 23, 2006

Looking Back A Couple Of Days...

October 19, 2006...

Da Venue : National Sports Grill Greenbelt 3
Da Suspects : (L-R) Broken-hearted Chocolate Milk Drinker, Little Angel, Yours Truly, Ria Guanio (+P), Golden Boy, Koya Vince
Da Menu : Chicken Fingers Massacre! Chips and Fries, 3 buckets St. Michael's brew, Banana- and Chocolate Milk Shake Madness for our broken-hearted friend...
Da Agenda :

Nothing really. Just an impromptu common agreement between some of us in the office that we take a break from the insanity that is work. Plus the fact that Ria Guanio visited our office to help me out on something at least for a day (Thanks girl! Owe you one!). It's been a while since we've seen her after being assigned to another project site.

Chocolate Milk Drinker was a bit absent-minded that night so we devoted a couple of minutes (well actually, more than half the night) discussing his current dilemma. Suffice it to say that before the night was over, Chocolate Milk Drinker will put his plans into high gear that would last well into next week, or die trying! +P Go Dude! Abangan!

We then finished the evening with a little game of billiards at the lone billiard table of NSG. I like the table here, being relatively decent but a fast one, and a need to have a good read of the rails is essential to get my game going. A few startling revelations were in store as I find our two girls as surprisingly good players, good enough to string a couple of shots together and give us boys a good run for our money. I myself, who takes a little pride in being a competitive billiard player found it a bit difficult to go up against them. Even on the billiard table these kids still taught me a thing or two...

October 20, 2006...

We visited Andy at the hospital to check on how he was doing. Andy got involved in a motorcycle accident a couple of weeks back and is now putting his knee on rehab. Glad to know that he's ok and hopefully recover quickly. Get well soon man!

I slept over at the office too, which has become a more frequent thing now. I realize that I get more sleep in since I don’t have to travel to the office the next day. Plus the fact that I have to be early tomorrow was enough to make me justify my decision to sleep over.

October 21, 2006...

It was a long Saturday. Had to go to Bulacan early in the day for a plant visit to help out in getting the work started on one of our projects. Some key lessons here were learned. One is that the construction industry is small, since it’s a reunion of sorts where the people have known me when I was a project manager, a consultant, an owner, and back as a project manager. Second is that you have to take charge and be diplomatic at times to settle things faster.

Before going home, me and Chocolate Milk Drinker decided to check out the Saturday night scene as well as putting his plans into motion. I helped him look and choose flowers over at the nearby flower shop. It was pretty much straightforward in choosing what flowers to get, it was what to write on the card that proved a little difficult. It was a bit of a challenge trying not to be too cliché on the card.

We then drove on to Eastwood for some dinner as well as scope out where he might plan to take his dream girl around. Fazoli’s was a good choice, the pasta and pizza was simple, and the ambience of the place ideal. Eastwood doesn’t have much of a mall but made up for it with a plethora of gimik choices, from the quiet restaurants to the hippest bars. We played billiards at AMF, where I got convincingly beat by an obviously inspired Chocomilk Drinker, 9 racks to 7. Looks like my billiard playing slump continues.

October 22, 2006...

Stayed at home most of the day. Earlier, I took my youngest sister out and treated her to breakfast for topping her nursing class just a couple of days back. Makes any Kuya proud. Just a couple of semesters to go Gorgeous! Wahoo!!!

Had to get my car’s air-conditioning fixed later in the afternoon. The cost of cleaning and repair set my finances back a bit. Owning a car is high on preventive maintenance. A price to pay for the convenience it gives me.

Some thoughts bugging me lately:

Changing rooms. Some stuff to prepare and organize. My clothes, my books, my music, my sports stuff, my miniatures.

Need to re-establish my focus on my army building project. If all goes well, I can resume the painting of the second miniature, maybe more. I’m also excited at the prospect of playing the army soon, now that I have enough miniatures to simulate the army comp. Will update this as soon as it happens.

Reading a book my Sister Pie lent me. Train Man by Nakano Hitori. Fun read so far. Makes me realize the geek in me, as I can relate to the story. Maybe I’ll go get myself my own copy before I actually finish this. :D

I wanna vacation! It’s a matter of finding the right timing. Where to go is another question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home