Monday, October 02, 2006

A Literary Survey...

As tagged by my friends who authored the Coffee Cups and Karmic Backstab blogs:

1. One book that changed your life?

The Lord of The Rings. First set of fantasy books that I've read even way before it became popular. After that, I've been reading anything swords and sorcery since.

2. One book you have read more than once?

Still the Lord of the Rings. +P

3. One book you would want on a desert island?

Any book, as long as some beautiful island goddess would read it to me. :D

4. One book that made you cry?

Other than my college books +P, I'd say Dragons of Winter Night. Sturm was one of the first of the companions to die in that book. That moved me more compared to Boromir's death in The Fellowship.

5. One book that made you laugh?

Calvin and Hobbes. Somehow I can relate to that squirt and his ol' buddy. +P Life has always been a wild wagon ride down a treacherous ravine. They taught me to keep on exploring!

6. One book you wish had been written?/one book you wish you had written?

Hmmm... that's a toughie. I'd say a Filipino version of the Tales of the Otori was the first that comes to mind. I dunno, but I think somebody should come up with a good book with heavy influences on Filipino mythology and/or history.

7. One book you wish had never been written?

None at the top of my head. If I don't like it, I stop reading it. Haven't gone as far as excommunicating it from all the libraries of the world. ;)

8. One book you are currently reading?

Since this is a short survey (roll), I'd give two. That would be Warhammer 40k Chaos Space Marine Codex as well as the Brilliance of the Moon by Lian Hearn. The CSM Codex I'm reading for a project I'm working on while the Brilliance of the Moon I read before going to bed.

9. One book you have been meaning to read?

The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. Somebody suggested I read this way back. Maybe I will before the year ends.

Wasn't that interesting? Now, it's your turn as I tag you to share what pages you've been turning lately... ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Obi Macapuno said...

hehe nice books... lalo na yung 40k!! iL answer this one soon.

October 03, 2006 9:08 AM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

thanks obi! same can be said of your post. get your permalink set up asap so that i can include your books into my "library" along with shink1m, aperire and hopefully the others...

October 04, 2006 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home