Monday, January 30, 2006

One Of Those Relaxing Weekends...

Saturday, January 28, 2006...

Woke up a little early today to drive my sister Leslie to her language class. I ended up arriving early in Robinsons Galleria and got good parking too. ;)

Took some breakfast at Pancake House. Ordered tocilog (had second thoughts of getting an omelette. maybe next time). Wasn’t in the mood to start writing stuff on their paper placemats. Hehehe…

Since my friends were not yet in Neutral Grounds that morning, I guess it was a good time to play billiards at Skybowl. Billiards have been a passion of mine and have been actively playing for close to 6 years now. Today I decided to work on my game. Didn’t do any power breaking today. Just a measured break. I then counted the turns (my personal term on how many times I miss a ball to complete a game of 9-ball) averaging 2-4 per game. I want to lower that average to 1-3 and eventually 0. Twice I was close to playing that elusive run out (break, and shoot the balls in succession and sink the 9-ball all in one go). And twice took the short route (combination shot to 9-ball) which didn’t count. Hopefully I’ll be able to run out sometime this year.

Neutral Grounds (as snipped from The 101st Galleria Regulars blog)

1st Game : Balian (13th Company) vs. Kyuzo (Dark Eldar)
Misson : 2000pts Recon Alpha
Result : Win for Dark Eldar with one full warrior squad able to walk to the 13th Company's deployment zone.
Highlights Include : Balian's Rune Priest evading the torment of the Archon's Crucible, but failed two psychic tests resulting in two wounds that killed himself and not able to teleport a squad of Grey Slayers to the Dark Eldar deployment zone.

2nd Game : Kyuzo (Dark Eldar) vs. Owen (Sisters of Battle)
Mission : 2000pts Seek and Destroy Omega
Result : Win for Sisters of Battle
Highlights Include : It was the battle of the elites when Kyuzo's Wyches and Incubi tried to stop the Sisters Repentia rush to the center. Dark Eldar forces were able to wipe out the 20-man repentia but was left out in the open for withering fire from the Sisters. Arco-flagellants proved very devastating and swept the Dark Eldar left flank.

Balian and I called it a day early and left Galleria and had a beer at Ñubar in Golf City. Tokwa't Baboy was great, highly recommended. ;)

Until the next...

In other news:

I missed out in going to UP-CFA today – My apologies to Kim, Emp, Paul, Obi, Mark, Les, Fred for missing out on WM games. I’m still painting my Warmachine figs to make them a bit more presentable the next time I go there.

I also missed on the opportunity to go the Da Shak as well. Heard Kim, Arvin and Garrick got involved in a comedic Road Rage incident. It sounded funny but things like that shouldn’t happen so guys, please be careful.

Sunday, January 29, 2006...

Lazy Sunday, with the usual 2-hour later than usual for anything feeling. Took a break from painting as well. Couch potato and loving it while I can afford it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pinoy Wargamer said...

PAKYUMO!

Definitely now my favorite swear word LOL!

PAKYUMO!

AHAHHAHAHHAHHAH!

February 01, 2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

LOL!

despite all that, mag-ingat pa rin kayong lahat!

PAKYUMO?

MADAPAKA!!!

February 02, 2006 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home