Saturday, April 28, 2007

Hint Of Rain...

April 27, 2007...

Came to work late. More like took the half day off really. Was making my turn towards the jobsite I could already see from outside that something's not done right. The minute I timed in, I already reached for my hardhat and went straight up, not bothering to stop and sit down and check the paperwork on my desk. Closer inspection on the floor I observed confirms my suspicions. These non-compliances by our contractor spells more paperwork for me. Crap.

Got into a "friendly debate" with the contractor soon after. Well, sometimes you really have to stand up and prove to them on the plans that they're wrong and that you know what you're talking about to gain their respect. It takes a lot of patience as well as a test of your people skills to get them to admit their mistake and get them to do what's required. An agreement almost as soon as the wind started to pick up. Wordlessly, everybody on site diverted their focus on safety, knowing all to well what summer storms (if ever this might turn out as one) can do.


April 28, 2007...

It's kinda late. Got to work on some paperwork that's piled up while I was on site practically the whole afternoon as well as a good part of the evening. Got a few friends online to keep me company while I burned the midnight oil. Somewhere along the way, memories of New York and New Jersey became a topic of conversation. Left my heart there one time. Good memories. I should be turning in a couple of minutes. Still got a busy day tomorrow, which is just a couple of hours away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home