Friday, May 05, 2006

Thursday Night Out...

Got stuck here in the office since the pouring of the foundations got started in earnest. Looks like things are running smoothly and hopefully we'll be able to finish by 11:30pm without a hitch. Now what to do to pass the time...

I was already able to buy dinner for me and my boss when I suddenly realized that I'm supposed to be out on a date! Doh! I quickly asked my boss to cover for me and I will be back before the concrete pouring would end. Good thing I was supposed to meet Janine at Segafredo, which was a short walk from where I was. :D

It's been a while since I last saw Janine. It was a good opportunity to update each other on what's been going on lately... She seems happy with her work (now complete with uniform too! Corporate-looking! Naks! :D) as well as with other things ;).

After dinner I was able to walk back to check on the progress of the foundations...


Just a few inches more to reach the shear bars... and we're a few trucks short. It'll take at least 15 minutes for the new batch of concrete to get here, with just a 30 minute window before the concrete already poured starts to harden. One of the many challenges in large volume concreting. This is our version of excitement. Whoopee... ;)

Things did work out in the end. Went home tired and late but with a great sense of accomplishment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home