Monday, February 20, 2006

First Day Of Work. Sort Of...

February 20, 2006...

Today was my first day of work, after close to two months of rest.

Last minute, my assignment involves facing the same people whom I used to work for. Picture over there's the project I'm working on, which is two out of the three towers being constructed. A lot of things went full circle this day. And Im sure, a few more things will come full circle in the following days to come.

The irony of it all...

Met a lot of familiar faces, both from my first work and my previous one. A mix of pleasant surprise and fond memories were shared between people who haven't seen each other in two months, let alone those whom I haven't seen in more than three years. Makes me wonder sometimes why I had to leave. Met a lot of new faces as well, I've been away from this company for more than three years and it has grown to what we first dreamed of it to be, slow but steady.

In hindsight, some things worth mentioning to others who I think will agree:

1. The industry is small. You'll be seeing the same people one way or another.
2. Keep tabs with people you don't usually see anymore. It pays to keep to touch and maintain a good working relationship even if you're not in one at the moment.
3. Some things go bad for a reason, and in the end some go bad for the good...

In the end I guess I didn't really leave. Just went a different way to make a fresh start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home