Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Touching Story Behind A Touching Song...

I came across this song, Lost Without You by Delta Goodrem a couple of days back while driving home. The piano and the melody was enough to make me pullover, call the radio station and ask who sang what was playing thus I came up with this small quest. In my search, I came across this story...

In 2003, Delta Goodrem released her debut album Innocent Eyes to which this song is taken from. Here's her music video where an acoustic version of this song has been overlayed to the original video. She kinda reminded me of an Australian version of Mandy Moore.



A few months after the release, she was diagnosed with cancer. Later that year, she attended the ARIA Music Awards 2003 but was too unwell to perform as she was already undergoing treatment. She attended nonetheless wearing a short blond wig. It was here that Darren Hayes, formerly from Savage Garden, performed her song in tribute to her fight against cancer as seen in the video below which touched the whole audience.



She later went on to win seven ARIA awards that night...

By year 2004 when she announced that she was in remission, she slowly started writing, recording and performing again. I later came across this video where she performed a duet with Darren Hayes of the same song he sang for her. This took the cake folks...



Some skeptics have said it was all a gimmick. Some have even said it was all a publicity-op. I'd say it was a fitting way for her song and her story to go full circle...

1 Comments:

Blogger Pinoy Wargamer said...

I don't know who she is nor do I swing at the genre of such songs. But I guess it's pretty admirable to go to an awarding ceremony during cancer treatment. That being a publicity opportunity is just to far flung for me.

July 30, 2006 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home