Monday, July 24, 2006

Birthday Lunch at Amici de Don Bosco...

July 22, 2006...

Venue : Amici de Don Bosco
The Usual Suspects : Mom, Dad, Sister Pie, Barry, Gorgeous Sister, Your Truly

Belated Happy Birthday My Darling Beautiful Mother!!! Traditional weekend birthday lunch was decided by the group to be held at Amici de Don Bosco, which is just a couple of minutes away from my office. Having slept over at the office the night before, The Edwardsons picked me up at the office and a good thing at that since parking at Amici's was at a premium.

It was my first time to try the place out and I'm surprised at Sister Pie's knowledge of the place. To describe Amici's in a few words: It's probably the closest thing to authentic Italian cuisine, mixed in with a few helpings of traditional Filipino cuisine in an almost canteen setting. People make the effort to get here, despite the parking and despite the number of people who go here. It's the food, and I'll attest to that.

Pulled out all the stops on what the place had to offer. The pizza was great, the clams and tuna in the two pastas we ate were magnifico, and the lechon kawali and sugpo were equally competing for best honors. Topped the whole thing off with Amici's home-made gelato that would have me screaming for more if I wasn't as full. :P

Despite a slightly subdued atmosphere (everybody was enjoying the food too much), the proceedings were a happy affair. I for one was a bit distracted, knowing that work is just a couple of blocks away but I didn't wanna ruin Mommy's Day. Wishing Mom long life and happiness as always. Mwah!!! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home