Saturday, February 04, 2006

Starbucks Chronicles Vol. 3...

February 4, 2006...

Just dropped off my sister to her language class and I’m supposed to pick her up in another three hours. Time to try a different Starbucks to pass the time I guess…

Venue: Starbucks in Greenbelt 3…

Wow, totally different atmosphere here! Lots of one-seater sofas compared to the other two Starbucks that I last visited. I decided to get seated on one of these and with a quick grab of a pamphlet and a tall caramel macchiato within easy reach, started writing things down right away! :D

The Girl By The Door. She was the very first person I noticed after I got my coffee and took in my surroundings. Yep, my theory’s been consistent for the past 3 visits! This time, She’s wearing a brown short jacket with hood, aqua blue paisley skirt and designer high heels, her cute face nicely framed by crystal dangling earrings. She reads a pocketbook seemingly oblivious to my observations while taking down my “notes”.

I started getting comfortable on the sofa and decide to lounge a bit while classical music played in the background. There’s something about classical violin that’s very difficult to describe. Can’t really figure out what was playing but it was cool to listen to nonetheless.

Anyways, my attention was then centered on the guard of the establishment. Asuncion the Guard is all smiles, smart and straight as an arrow. He seems good-mannered, polite, and carries himself well. He seems a decent guy compared to some that we encounter in our day to day lives. Society needs more guys like him. I salute you sir!

Hang on, Girl By The Door’s now accompanied by an elderly expat! Now where did he come from? Could he be a friend of hers? Come to think of it, he even seems to be hitting on her! Whether the girl knows this guy or not I could not tell, but the girl across me listening to her i-Pod seems to share my initial observation, judging by her wry smile. Guess moral of the lesson here is not all the time will lone Girls By The Door will get the privacy they’re hoping for.

I can’t believe it! Girl By the Door and Old Expat have stepped out obviously in the same direction! They must know each other! Or don’t they? On a humorous note, maybe I should’ve eavesdropped on the old man for some pointers! :P

Guess that’s enough observations for me and time to go around Greenbelt and Glorietta now that they’ve opened. Just before I was leaving, I came across Beng, one of the baristas who’s also an old acquaintance of mine while I worked in Makati. Fancy meeting her here! Missed ya, Girl! Nice to see you again! Promise to pass by again some time. :D

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Obi Macapuno said...

No need to ask for any formulas to the ol man. The guy's an expat! What do you expect that he got to impress a chick?? a big sturdy shaft?? nah-uh!

the moolah of course! =D

so unless we could successfully pull-off a nice bankraid of sorts, we're doomed to drool over those dough-machines cahooting with stacey's moms.

\m/(^_^)\m/

February 08, 2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

he wasn't dating a stacey's mom. he was dating stacey herself! :P

February 08, 2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

amen to that garrboy! rachel hunter rocks! ahooga! :P

February 08, 2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger Salubri said...

stacey's mom has got it going on... :P

February 09, 2006 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home